I have been trying to get back into momentum since my Cuba trip, and have been waiting patiently for my new orders to come in.
I have been playing around with the High Tide (143006 - $32.00 CDN) set in the meantime and wanted to see what I can do with piece. This set is a 16 piece photopolymer stamp set and is a two-step stampin'.
If you are new to stamping, two-steps stampin' means:
1] Stamp the base image.
2] Position and stamp the overlay or adjoining image.
Creating a solid image. To achieve the effect, a QUICK TIP is to use lighter ink for the base image and darker ink for the overlying image.
While creating, I picture this image as a background with a sail sailing through the water.
1. I cut a color theory paper stack (144193) to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
2. The upper left corner I sponged the sun and rays with Crushed Curry ink (131173) and on the right I stamped lighthouse the base stamp in Pool Party ink (126982) and the overlay stamp in Real Red ink (126949).
3. Then I stamped the seagulls in Archival Black ink (140931) and trimmed this piece down by 1/16" to have it fit behind the Whisper White cs Thick (140272). The front of the cardstock has a window opening.
4. Still keeping with the color theory paper stack I used the blue paper and the Dapper Denim ink (141394) to create the waves. There are two sets of wave here. 1 main piece for the base card, and additional one for the slider portion.
5. My vision was to create a sailboat through the waves, so I used the Swirly Bird stamp set (141749), the sailboat stamp, and started stamping away and fussy cut the boat out.
6. You are probably wondered how I got the large sail. I actually free-hand cut the right side of the sail by hand and keeping in line with the width and the height (3/4" w x 2-3/8" h) and making sure that I captured the two-tone crushed curry with the white stripe and piecing them together.
7. The slider part was cut with an xacto knife to create a slot so that the sail can slide freely from one side to another.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Live in Canada? Come shop with me and you will have access to the StampersPlus VIP only FB group. This holds all my 3D templates, and exclusive videos for members only and other perks.
Liz Holloway, Stampin’ Up! Canada Independent Demonstrator!
You can buy Stampin’ Up! online easily through my Stampin’ Up! shop link on Shopping & Catalogue tab, or within this blog post.
I ship ACROSS Canada with my shop. Join my InkRedible Crafters team. As part of the team, you will receive my 3D designs too for your electronic cutter!
And of course, you can find me on facebook, instagram, pinterest and on YouTube as liz holloway design and also known as stampersplus.
Join Me & Friends FB hangouts sites:
Cards, etc. (Demos only).